Disk activity monitor

Discussion in 'Software' started by davidm_uk, Aug 20, 2011.

1. davidm_uk

davidm_uk Private E-2

I'm looking for a program (preferably free) that will allow me to monitor traffic to/from a selected disk drive(s), internal or usb.

Reason - I use Genie Timeline backup software with an external usb drive and it works well except if you log off while it (or the OS) is still writing to the disk, then it often falls over or freezes when next logging in. If I have some simple indicator that will let me see when the disk activity has stopped I should be able to avoid this. Genie of course deny this a problem with their software!

Had a google, but all the programs I can find just seem to be monitoring the status of the drive, not traffic. SysInternals Diskmon is sort of ok, but can't be configured to only look at a specific drive, and it's scrolling display is a bit detailed for what I need, just a simple bar or meter would be ideal.

Any ideas?

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Have a look at Moo0 SystemMonitor. It gives quite a bit more info than just hard drive info but you can configure what it displays. You can also configure, to some degree, how it displays the info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds