disk boot error install disk press enter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by may2014, Oct 30, 2015.

1. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

I got this error yesterday and i scheduled a chkdsk /r /f and it did chkdsk on the next starup and it took 2-3 hours to finished. it said disk was clean so i just touched the power button on the computer to turn it off.

next day it went to chkdsk again so i canceled it. i went to last known settings , after being on computer about 40 minues got disk boot error again i just powered off and then windows stared normally.

in case i get this error again what else can i do. i got this error long time ago and i did a chkdsk or scannow with my hirensboot up disc and it stopped. i think it was something on the disc missing that was repaired.

2. Booboo58

Booboo58 Private E-2

It sounds like your hard-drive might be getting ready to fail. Check all your HD connections and make a back-up using Macrium Reflect Free or Easus Todo to an external USB hard-drive as soon as you can.

3. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

Can it be saved on a dvd disc?

4. Booboo58

Booboo58 Private E-2

An external USB hard-drive would be much faster and better than using DVD's. Especially if you are using up a significant amount of space on your current HD.

My backups are currently taking 33 GB to my external drive, that would be over 8 DVD's if I used that media and it only takes about 22 minutes to back up on the USB drive.

Even more time and space on DVD's if you included any photos or video.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds