disk booting

Discussion in 'Software' started by wolfx28, Jan 4, 2008.

1. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

whenever i try and boot a iso image caldera DR-DOS comes up and loads then it says like 4 options and i try typing them all in and it says command or file no recognized why wont it let me boot the image

Wolf

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What is the ISO you are trying to boot? How did you burn the ISO?
    Usually you don't need to type in a thing, the CD boots and that is it.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

You have to burn ISO's as images and NOT as data. If you burned this just like you'd normally burn a CD, it probably isn't burned as an image. Almost every CD/DVD burning app available (both free and paid) will burn images. Try burning it with ImgBurn which will ONLY burn images. That way there's no confusion
    ImgBurn http://www.majorgeeks.com/ImgBurn_d4870.html

4. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

is there a good program to fully erase rewritable disks or is there an easy way?(DVD-R)

Wolf

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds