Disk Cleanup Freeze

Discussion in 'Software' started by MichelleLT MT, May 2, 2005.

1. MichelleLT MT

MichelleLT MT Private E-2

I have tried for the past week to do a Disk Cleanup in an effort to do general maintenance on my computer. I am using XP with Office 2003, if that matters, and I do AdAware and Spybot on a two to three times per week basis, so I do not believe to have any significant probelem with spyware or virus which I am protected via AVG and run Panda ActiveScan on a weekly basis.

My problem is that when running Disk Cleanup, the program just freezes. I can use any other program without any problem, the Disk Cleanup is just frozen. I have attached a picture of the frozen window.

PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

How long has it been since you did a complete disk cleanup? How long do you wait before assuming it's frozen? If it's been a while since you did a cleanup, compressing old files can take a very long time. I ran it on one of the neglected computers at the library where my wife works, and it took nearly an hour.

4. MichelleLT MT

MichelleLT MT Private E-2

Thank you, md2lgyk and kadavill. Both of your suggestions worked and, as I was not patient enough, I did find that Disk Cleanup worked but only after about 30 minutes or so!

Thanks again! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds