Disk image creator

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Oct 23, 2003.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

My CD burner came with Roxio's Easy CD Creator. I have the Basic 5.3.5.10. I am supposed to be able to create a hard disk image of a music project, but it always hangs up. Roxio's support is nearly non-existant, and the Roxio message board has been no help. Are there free programs out there that I can use to create a disk image of the music project that I have created using ECDC? I tried looking on the MajorGeeks listing; if it's there, I couldn't find it.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining. The disk image I'm talking about is when I use ECDC to put together a music project consisting of songs from most any source--a commercial CD I have bought, songs I've downloaded from the Net, whatever--and then I make what ECDC calls a disk image--which transfers them onto my hard disk. Then I record them from the hard disk onto a blank CD.

4. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks for your replies. Maybe what I'm after is just an ECDC thing. I want to burn my favorite selections from various CDs I own onto a blank CD The ECDC instructions say to create an image on the hard drive of these songs and then burn the CD from the hard drive "to avoid a buffer underrun" (whatever that is). ECDC says that buffer underruns sometimes occur when "burning on the fly" directly from the source CD onto the blank CD.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Might be, most cd drives now have burn proof technology so you dont burn costers. I prefer Nero and would suggest you download the demo and try it. I think you will like it over Adaptec, everyone I have shown it to does.

6. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thank you, MA, for the advice. I also have the feeling that Nero is better. It's just that the burner came with Roxio, and it gripes me that I may have to spend more money just to get good burner software. However, I guess I'll have to do just that.

7. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

How much memory

Do you have. I ran into this problem sometime ago I destroyed many good blank cd's It turns out that I was very low on memory and that was causing the program to stop burning. I added more memory to the computer and roxio easy cd worked just fine.

8. dwjj

dwjj Private E-2

i use the same crappy program, just disable the image to hard drive first option, and slow down your burn speed a little if you encounter problems, should be good to go after that, any other probs with that just ask.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds