Diskeeper 10 Fragmentation

Discussion in 'Software' started by m79vest36, May 9, 2008.

1. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

I'd like to attach for a view so someone can suggest to me why Diskeeper remains to tell me that C: drive is heavily fragmented. I run it several times like it is suggested to do but I get the same number of remained fragmented files and same number of evcess fragments. Why si the drive always in Critical? Thanks....

Attached Files:

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

Have you tried the Windowes version of Defrag?
    Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter

I would run this and see if your disk is actually fragmented or if you are simply getting an erroneous reading from Diskeeper

3. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

Thanks....the only defrag pgm under " Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter " is Diskeeper Disk Defragmenter & no Windows Built in defragmenter. I ran it several times but keep getting the same results.

4. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

Re: Diskeeper 10 Fragmentation....Warning

I also get a pop-up screen in the middle of Diskeeper that gives a warning about it can only run one with one instance. It's here as an attachment. Have no idea what this is...do you?

Attached Files:

5. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

I did a little checking and it appears that Diskeeper is the Vista equivalent of the Disk Defragmenter that came with my XP.
    Try downloading and running
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Defraggler_d5777.html
    and see if this gives you a better result

6. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

Thanks much....I downloaded Defraggler & it did show better results! Ran Diskeeper again to compare & Piroform showed that it corrected the problems I was having w/Diskeeper. It renedered my Drive C as HEALTHY. Take a look at my attachments. Do you see any problem with keeping but Diskeeper and Defraggler on the machine? Do you think there would be conflicts? Thanks again, JOELSZ.

Attached Files:

7. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

I'm glad that worked.
    No I see no problem with having both programs on your computer as long as you don't try to run them both at the same time. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds