Diskeeper Lite

Discussion in 'Software' started by xqz, Aug 10, 2004.

1. xqz

xqz Private E-2

I got the program off your site and installed it on all my computers without any problems until I installed Windows Service Pack 2. Now I cannot reinstall to fix this unknown problem. The program will not run, and I can't defrag my computer at all right now... I tried reinstalling, but an error came up saying that I might be running in Safe Mode (I am the admin of my system, running normally). Back with SP1, it was running fine. In my event view, I see errors each time I run it... When I try running it, the program flashes for a brief second... Someone help me?

DCOM error. The Diskeeper Module mmc.exe has reported the error "The RPC server is unavailable."(0x800706ba) while calling CoCreateInstanceEx on clsid {86E0DDF2-5A4E-11D2-80B5-00104BC8AA27}

Is there a way other than to uninstall Service Pack 2?

The error that comes up with installation and uninstallation is... "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

with diskeeper lite being around 2yrs old its possible that this is one of the apps that SP2 doesnt like... their are a few issues with some antivirus and older apps not working with SP2 but do work with SP1.

with XP having an inbuilt version of diskeeper lite anyhow its worth still using the inbuilt version or otherwise getting O&O defrag pro ( which I use and recomend ) its not free tho but well worth it http://www.majorgeeks.com/download809.html

3. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

I don't have any answers for you yet on your problem, but I am running DKlite on XP SP2 with no problems at all. Let me check some places I know and see if I can find an answer for you.

4. xqz

xqz Private E-2

Did you install before or after installing SP2? What did you upgrade from?

5. xqz

xqz Private E-2

I uninstalled Service Pack 2, and Diskeeper worked again along with the installation files. I think it might be something to do with the new Windows Installer 3.0??

6. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

I've had Diskeeper Lite on my machine for 1.5 years. before SP1 in fact. I just dropped SP2 right on top of SP1, I am using the new installer also. I haven't found anything yet about anyone having troubles with SP2 and DKlite, but since SP2 is so new, there will be problems coming out by the boatload, I'm sure. I'll keep my eyes open.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Maybe you should compare DK lite version numbers with him Dale.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds