Display Adapter problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Irving, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Irving

Irving Private E-2

Hi I need some help pleae.

I have bought a P4 from a pawn shop and of course no software came with the box.

The cpu type is a amd athlon xp 1800 mhz.
    The motherboard is a gigabyte ga-7vkml(-p)

I have loaded win89 se on the box.

The problem is that i can not get the display adapter right(yes i'm either to doff(stupid) cause when i delete the monittor and display adapter and try and find the right drivers i still get really krap display on the screen.

How do i get to load the right drivers or where can i go look to sort the problem out

Thank you very much

Irving

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

see if you can see a manufacturers name in device manager or restart your comp and see what it says on the first line of type once your comp has restarted.

3. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

i have been lucky in cases (say it's a dell), gone to the dell (manufacturer) website, and gotten the drivers from there. meaning, that the manufacturer tag was still there with the information i needed. - sos

oh, and i think it was the video driver that i needed. (same problem as yours) <-- edited part

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds