Display Issues NWN Windows7

Discussion in 'Software' started by stokecity26, Oct 1, 2011.

1. stokecity26

stokecity26 Private E-2

I am on the brink of extreme depression here with an issue I am having trying to play my fav pc game NeverwinterNights1. I just recently upgraded to Win7 from XP and when I try to play NWN the display flickers with lines running across the screen. It ran perfect on the PC with XP. I have done a clean install, tried running as admin, the whole nine yards but to no avail. Went to the BioWare site looking for answers but nothing posted there helped at all. Anyone have any ideas for me? I would greatly appreciate any help at all!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What PC specs do you have mainly CPU, RAM and GFX card?

Have you installed the current Chipset driver then the GFX card driver?

In device manager do you have any yellow ! marks and if so by what?

3. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

4. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

I can't speak for win 7, but NWN1 was one of my favs too. I can't run it on my vista ultimate 64. Luckily, I've got a backup plan. Break out the trusty ol' 1.8 P4, w/ a radeon 9800 AGP card. Yeah Baby!!! :cool
    This ins't the only reason I keep it around, I can't do any of my ....... Custom Firware, or Emulators on PSP's, or 360 on this darn Vista. :cry Not sure if you even have a copy of win xp or anything, but you could always try a dual boot option. I did it for years,.... (mutterrr) til I did something stupid, and had to resort back to 2 OS' Vista ultimate and Linux. My fav NWN was the Diamond edition, the one that came with the undermountain series. :cool

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I remember pulling my hair out over this one... I wish I remember how I fixed it. :(

You say you tried running it as admin? Try messing with the compatibility settings as well. Right-click the main exe, go to the compatibility tab, and set it to run in compatibility mode for Windos XP SP 2. Then check the boxes to disable visual themes and desktop composition, and try run the game again.

EDIT:
    If everything else fails, the Diamond Edition from GOG.com runs perfectly fine in 7. I think that might have been how I fixed it in the end.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds