display on computer has changed, please help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by sweetiepie35, Dec 13, 2008.

1. sweetiepie35

sweetiepie35 Private E-2

Hi, I have been cleaning my computer yesterday and I might have done something wrong, because today I can not see whatever I read the way I am accustomed to seeing it. Everything appears too big, stretched out and sort of blurred. When I first got on the computer this morning I got a message about NVidia drivers... What's that, is this the reason I can't see right? Please help me out, I am tired of screen being too wide and stretchy and having to scroll to be able to see the page...

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

3. sweetiepie35

sweetiepie35 Private E-2

Hi, I don't remember the message i got exactly, but it did say something about needing to download the NVidia drivers. I tried to download the drivers and then I get the setup wizard started after I unzip the file that I download and it gives me the NVidia Setup error message: NVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware/ setup will now exit.
    What should I do?

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you are on XP, right click My Computer on the desktop. Choose Properties>Hardware tab>Device Manager do you see any yellow explanation marks? What is under Display Adapter(click the + sign)?

5. sweetiepie35

sweetiepie35 Private E-2

I have windows vista.... I don't have My Computer on desktop.

6. sach2

Look for yellow exclamation or question marks and check what is listed under display adapter.

7. sweetiepie35

sweetiepie35 Private E-2

Okay, I have two yellow marks with exclamation sign, one is under imaging devices, that's my Dell printer, the other is under Other devices, called Unknown device. I don't have anything called Display Adaptors listed in the Device Manager....

8. sach2

Right-Click the unknown device and remove/uninstall it. Then go up to the top of the left pane and right-click Computer(may have name attached) and Scan for Hardware changes. See if it finds the Nvidia card.

If it isn't automatically detected you can try SIW to see if it can give you the model number of your card. Or if you have a brand name computer and can get the model number off the tag in back the manufacturer's website may have the correct driver.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  9. sweetiepie35

sweetiepie35 Private E-2

I have uninstalled the Unknown device, and then clicked Scan for hardware changes. I got a window saying "installing device driver software", then I got "windows needs to install driver software for your NVidia GeForce GO 6150" and message "you must restart your computer to apply these changes". I have not restarted computer yet. It did install NVidia GeForce Go 6150 under display adapters, and now it has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. do I need to do anything else? Do I need to close everything and restart computer? Thanks.

10. sach2

Yes close everything and restart. It should set things right.

11. sweetiepie35

sweetiepie35 Private E-2

Okay, thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds