?Display Properties

Discussion in 'Software' started by boneyeye, Sep 3, 2006.

1. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi, WhenI click on text size in the View Menu in IE 6.0 nothing happens. I feel that the problem is in Display Properties, maybe Appearence. I have tried changing some of these settings but I still have the problem.
    Specs; Packard Bell, AMD Sempron(tm) 2600+, WinXP SP HOME EDITION, Display: plug and play Monitor, Highest Colour(32bit) Resolution1024x768, Screen Saver Active.

Hope someone can help. Thanking You
    Boneyeye

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Nothing happened to my text size either until I refreshed the page. Try the Refresh button on your browser or F5 on the keyboard.

3. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    TY.Lev for answering, but your advice did not solve the problem. I might add that previously I did not need to "Refresh". As in, when I changed text from"smallest" to"largest" I could see the text change visably on the screen webpage. Any other ideas. I have a clean computer. Thanking you.
    boneyeye

4. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    You may be interested to know that this problem does not occur on most other forums. So we' rest it with MG. Thanking you.

Boneyeye

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Are you saying the text size is to big?

Try pressing on the left CTRL key and using the scroll whell of the mouse up or down pending on what ye want.

6. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

HI,
    TY for answering but the total problem is adqeutly described in post one, and i think you will agree when you read it again.

Boneyeye

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

OK..I just tried it again and it works fine, with NO refresh. The problem is NOT one with the Majorgeeks site :) Therefore, clean computer or not, the issue seems to be with your PC, boneyeye.

@theefool - thanks for the tip...never knew that keyboard feature :D

8. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    TY for replying again. Now since you are " The Geek" and I am the learner I would be very grateful if you could try to solve what is wrong.Thanking you again. Boneyeye

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds