Display settings revert ...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raven2490, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Raven2490

Raven2490 Private E-2

.. back to win xp pro default every 2 or 3 restarts. Earlier I restarted 8 times in a row and all was fine but now it started doing it again.

I've changed the battery still no fix.

After it reverts I restart again and they go back to what they r supposed to be then it alternates from there.

Any way to fix this problem?

Puter was built on saturday on a...
    nvidia 680i motherboard
    nvidia 8800 GTX Card
    Win XP pro
    2.75 gig RAM

any help will be greatly appreciated and thx in advance :)

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Motherboard drivers.
    Video drivers.
    Monitor drivers, if available are first guesses. I would be concerned about hardware failure after that.

Forceware drivers for video card, you didnt mention motherboard make.

3. Raven2490

Raven2490 Private E-2

All drivers have been updated. Motherboard is an nforce 680i.

hope tht helps :)

what hardware should I look at 1st?

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

You may or may not be affected by this, BUT: NVidia recalled all 8800GTX video cards due to faulty resistors. I think they did this before any cards actually hit the shelves but I'm not sure. Check with your vendor and the card manufacturer to see if your card is affected.....

hopperdave2000 :)

5. Raven2490

Raven2490 Private E-2

It seemed that it was a windows installation problem during the setup ... I ran a repair installation of win XP and so far 12 restarts and all is well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds