Display Tweakers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by housiemousie2, Apr 2, 2007.

1. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

Hi,

Bought a new monitor, LG Flatron Wide, 19"... I am loving it, except...

The colors are not as vivid as I am used to (tube monitor) and the Bright/Contrast/Gamma settings range leaves a lot to be desired. I don't want to fiddle around with the Red/ Green/ Blue settings ON the monitor, when what I really want is better Gamma control and a Saturation setting.

Anyone know of a stable/FREE program that will add extra display controls? :drool

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

If you're running an NVidia based video card, visit their web site, download and install the newest ForceWare driver (as of last month it was v93.71). After it's installed and you've rebooted, right click in a blank area on your desktop, and enter the Nvidia Control Panel. Somewhere in there you can adjust the gamma, brightness, digital sharpness, all kinds of cool shi*! ;) I'm pretty sure that ATI's Control Center (or whatever they call it) has similar features, but I'm an NVidia man so I'm not 100% sure about ATI.... or you can try this: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Gamma_Panel_d2796.html

hopperdave2000

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I know, re-posts are frowned upon ;) Anyway- mousie, why not just go poke around in the Video downloads here at MG? I'm sure something else in there will suit your needs if my above post doesn't help you out...

4. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

confused Reposts are frowned upon? confused

Well, anyone can repost on my threads, I don't care... hell, I'm just happy to hear from anyone. Imagine how I feel when I hear from them more than once? :D

I have an NVidia card, so that sounds like the right choice for me!

Thanks a bunch HopperDave2000, you reposter you! lol

5. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

HopperDave2000,

Grabbed the new NVidia driver... it was EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Thank you ever so much! XOX

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds