Dissatisfaction with password remembering with IE10

Discussion in 'Software' started by usafveteran, Apr 1, 2013.

1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I have a laptop with Windows 8; it's only about 2 months old and I have not installed any non-Microsoft browser yet. Although IE10 generally seems like an improved browser from Microsoft, I find password saving less reliable with it than with Firefox or Opera, just as I'm generally found with previous versions of IE.

An example is logging on to this forum. IE does not save the password, even though, as I recall, I was prompted about whether I wanted IE to remember the password the first time I visited the site with this computer and I accepted. Is this consistent with the experience of any of you? Perhaps I'm not doing something right.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds