Distinctive Ring software

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrudella, Jan 29, 2004.

1. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

How do I enable my modem so that it will pick up only during the distinctive ringing? This will not be used for a fax purpose, but for a Remote Access Server. I found the website listed below, but can't figure out how to do this:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...emref3_5ooi.asp
    Anyone know of an easier way to do this, or how to do it? Is there any software that can do this? This will be on a 2000 server box. I need this to work so that when a modem dials down to my house, the RAS will pick up and let it connect.

2. mrudella

bump message

3. mrudella

Well, from what I've understood, Windows 2000 and XP do not have the distinctive ring feature within Windows. Many claim that downloading certain software will allow the machine to use distinctive ring with a fax machine. I tried a few, but they don't work with the Remote Access Server. Anyone know what to do?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I've always thought it was built into the drivers. It definately is on the USR modems.

To be specific windows XP fax software doesnt support distinctive ring.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds