Distressingly annoying web page load time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nua, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Nua

Nua Private E-2

I have Embarq - Prism internet and tv and all that, i live in FL and here's my problem.
    My wireless internet works fine, it loads at optimal speed and has 0 problems.
    My desktop however does not.
    My desktop is wired directly to the router and has no wireless association whatsoever. Now All of my games do not seem to lag, and if they do, I can't tell, (maybe graphics related a tiny bit but w/e).
    My INTERNET i.e. Opera, IExplorer (all of which are fully updated and all of which have the same issue) seem to have a 30-35 second period in between when I click the link and when I actually see a web page load in in any form.
    I.E.-
    1. Click Google.com
    2. Wait 30-32 seconds staring at a white screen
    3. BAM. Google loads in all the way

Another thing is that ONCE I am connected TO a site (youtube for instance) it allows me to travel that site at a regular, high speed like it SHOULD.

You may think to run a virus scan. I have Nod32, ESET smart security and it has found nothing on a very detailed scan that took half a day.

I have called the company and they have done everything they say they can.

I connected my ethernet cord i use for the desktop into my laptop and disabled wireless connection, and it works fine on the laptop.

So I am at the conclusion it is something wrong with my computer, or incompatibility with their software/hardware.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING i know how to do and failed, i CANNOT shake this problem one bit and neither can anyone else i have talked to, short of taking it into a shop (im broke) I NEED HELP. This happens with EVERY web page I visit!!!!

Thanks,
    Nua

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Greetings and Welcome to Majorgeeks! I or someone else may have an answer to your issues. Anyway............

What is your time when you ping google.com?

This may be a DNS routing issue, on that computer.

3. Shammua

Shammua Private E-2

Well if it is a DNS issue on that PC then simply open up a DOS screen and run ipconfig /flushdns
    If you aren't sure how to do this then here is how

Click Start->run
    type CMD and push enter
    When the little window pops up then type

ipconfig /flushdns

just like that and push enter.

If that doesn't make a difference then it may also be an issue with your network card in that PC. To check software settings on that one simply go back to the CMD screen and type

ping 127.0.0.1

that is a test of your TCP/IP to make sure it is good within your computer.

If you don't get 4 replies on that ping then it's your network card and reinstalling drivers may fix it. If that doesn't fix it then the easiest fix is simply put in a new network card and try that.

Hope this helped. If you do all this and have more issues, I will do my best to keep an eye on this so I can give some more input. I do what I can when I can. No promises though. :cool

James Holland

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds