DIV X editing

Discussion in 'Software' started by monsta, Aug 11, 2007.

1. monsta

monsta Private E-2

Ok, pretty sure Im on the right place to ask,
    If I d/l a div x file that is larger that 700mb then Im currently stuck with only watching it on that comp.

Rather than get larger capacity cdrs (if they exist), is there an easy editing programme where I could essentially just 2chop" the file in half (or thirds or whatever).
    im d/ling a lot from Joox (can I say that?) but a lot of files are bigger that 700mb and I cant really watch them at work.

Any help would be spifing.:yum
    Cheers
    MW

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Why stuck on that computer only? If you're fighting the Win98SE "Parameters are incorrect" problem I've gotten around that using DOS.

Such programs do exist, but not in Win98 native format. If you are using something like XP you'll need to give a bit more information.

3. monsta

monsta Private E-2

Using XP, Im dling at work, then taking stuff home to watch.
    what info do you need?
    Cheers.
    MW:cool

PS: Oh, I should say , not online at home (long story)

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

It takes hours over my 10Mb ethernet LAN. I've run into other problems, which was what I thought you were originally talking about.

Reading you aren't online at home, you could use a DVD burner, they are 4.2Gig per disc. That or a 1 Gig or larger USB jump drive, they are getting pretty cheap nowdays.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds