1. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

i have tried all i can /every time i start the internet i get a dos screen with the title dl.exe it just has a curser going round and round randomly i havnt run an anti virus becouse at the moment i dont have one i uninstalled norton and tried to install norton 2006 but it keep on telling me there are errors .
    as soon as i close the dos screen the internet dosent work.

i have done all i can on the malware read and run list i try the online scanners but the internet dies before they run i will enclose my hyjack this log can someone please look at it?

i have a project due in tommorow and i cant do it like this.

thank you

Attached Files:

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

You are running HijackThis directly from the ZIP. Unzip HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HJT.

Follow the directions for Running Hoster.

Now scan and have HJT Fix the following:
    Download
    - Pocket Killbox
    - ExplorerXP

Now run Pocket Killbox:

Choose Tools -> Delete Temp Files and click the RED X.

Run Killbox.exe. Paste the below filenames into KILL BOX one at a time. Check mark the box that says "Delete on Reboot" and checkmark the box "Unregister DLL" (If available) Click the RED X and it will ask you to confirm the file for deletion…say YES and when the next box opens prompting you to reboot now...click NO...and proceed with the next file. Once you get to the last one click YES and it will reboot. Note many of the file list below may not exist but we need to check for them anyway.
    If Killbox does not reboot or you get a Pending Operations type error message just reboot your PC yourself.

Now boot into SAFE MODE

Open ExplorerXP navigate to and DELETE the following: (Some of these may have already been deleted by Pocket Killbox)
    Now run CCleaner. If you have Windows XP delete the contents of C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch.

Then, as an added precaution, Go to Start -> Run and type: cleanmgr and then click OK. Make sure the boxes for these are checked:
    Temporary Files
    Temporary Internet Files
    Recycle Bin

And Click OK.

REBOOT to Normal Mode.

Follow the directions for Running WinPfind by OldTimer and Using GetRunKey.

Post the WinPFind.txt and GetRunKey.txt files and a fresh HijackThis log.

3. funky munky

I did the hoster then the hjt but after that when i clicked onto killbox.exe it came up with the "open with" window it did this also with the explorerxp i tried rebooting in nomal and safe mode but now if i click on anything errors come up eg if i click on my documents it says "cant find explorer.exe"
    i tried formating through the recovery consol but i get the blue screen of death.

4. funky munky

I used system restore and took it back to yesterday.
    i ran those programs.
    now i cant use any windows icons to get to anything i have to use object dock.

I installed norton 2004 last night could this have anything to do with it?

I really want to format i have everything backed up but when i go to the recovery consol i still get the blue screen of death, the problem is my computer didnt come with an xp disk it is built in to the recovery consol is there any other way i can format?

I attach the logs from the 3 programs.

thanks for the help

Attached Files:

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

The system has a Hidden Recovery Partition. You shouldn't be getting a BSOD at the recovery Console.

What is the make & model of your computer?

You should never install antivirus software on a computer that is infected. The results can be disaterous.

If you desire to reload the system it should be possible using
    your systems built is recovery function. Unless the recovery partition is corrupt.

6. funky munky

The make and model is compaq presario 8100.

I have uninstalled norton now if i start up and run adaware i get one infected registry value if i remove it the computer seems to work ok but i havnt tried the internet on it yet .

The infected file comes back every time i restart and i still get the BSOD when i try using the recovery partition.

7. Shadow_Puter_Dude

8. funky munky

That is what i have been doing on the BSOD it says session5 initialization failed is that anyhelp?

also is there a way of permanently removing the file that keep on poping up on adaware? Do you think that is the main problem?

Thanks for this.

9. funky munky

Got quite lucky i was going through my cupboard trying to find a pack of guitar strings and i found the recovery cds i made 2 years ago when i bought the computer.
    So i formated it .
    One last question and it is a silly one now i have formated it does that mean the virus has gone?

Thanks for all your help i owe you a beer.

10. Shadow_Puter_Dude

THere should no longer be any trace of the virus left on the hard drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds