DLA confusion

Discussion in 'Software' started by Winnie73, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Winnie73

Winnie73 Private E-2

DLA or Drive Letter Access icon popped up on my desktop tool bar for no apparent reason. No idea where it came from or why. Every time turn on puter it asks if I want to enable...Where did it come from and why did it show up. It came with my puter (read help file on it) but why did it show up after almost 2 years. I know it's a way to format disks but I always did it thru winxp... Any info would be much appreciated.

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Not sure what this is, can you post a picture?

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

You seem to know what program is causing it, probably a CD / DVD program.

If you use this program look for any options to disable the icon, if you don't use it that much and want to remove it from starting do this:

Click Start > Run > Type msconfig > OK > click on the Startup tab. This gives you a list of items / processes that startup when you turn your computer on. Look for the program and uncheck the box, click Apply and restart your computer.

Let us know.

Steve

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Have you updated to SP2 for XP just before this happened and is your PC an HP one?

5. Winnie73

Winnie73 Private E-2

Tx for all your advice. I have an hp pavilion 523n and no I did not update to SP 2. The picture is a disk with what appears to be a box infront of it. I went to Run and type msconfig and then to startup, but I can't find anything that resembles or would come close to this type of DLA action. This all started yesterday when I went to format a blank disc and the puter said there was no disc in my E drive (which of course there was; always worked before), next thing I know this box pops up. Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds