DLL files not linking ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by EsherOne, Apr 5, 2003.

1. EsherOne

EsherOne Private E-2

The situation is I have several multi track recording programs and a few wav. editing programs that all really on the same set of editing tools, all of which are DLL files, also midi instruments that run in these programs use DLL files so that each can use all the instruments. Ive reinstalled all of them quite a few times , moved them to differant drives, and what not, over a long period of time. Im pretty sure its the registry but i was hoping someone could tell me of a good tool that focuses a bit more on thes types of files. Anything anyone can think of to help will be much apeciated.

2. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

it sounds as if to me, from your explaination, that by moving the *.dll files around you have created dead links to them that most likely reside in the system registry. A registry fixer can correct these dead links for you (depending on the software used). I use Ontrack System Suite 4 and it will give you the option of linking to the file in it's current location or deleting the dead registry link altogether. There may be a free download somewhere that can do this but I don't know of any off of the top of my head. Someone else may be able to help you with that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds