DLNA server help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GatorsUF, Oct 6, 2011.

1. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Private E-2

Computer: iMac OSX Lion
    Device: Google TV Logitech Revue
    Software I'm using: Playback by YazSoft (for Server) and Logitech Media Player on Revue

I set up Playback the first day I got my Google TV box and it worked flawlessly. My Revue picked up the server no problem and I was able to stream music, video, and pictures straight from my computer.

I have not changed any setting in my router and I don't have a firewall on my iMac (OSX firewall is off). For some reason my Revue no longer finds the DNLA server. That said I has found it a few times but when I try to connect it is unable to do so, then I rescan and it cannot find the server all the sudden...

I used to have a Xbox360 and I used a program called Connect360 on my iMac and it would work great for about a month then magically stop working. I'd reset my router completely and resetup the program and it would work again.

It seems something is changing in my router and I cannot get it to stop...

FWIW I have a Verizon FIOS Router with all there stupid security stuff.

Any help diagnosing this would be great!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds