do I need full or upgrade XP?

Discussion in 'Software' started by powerdog, Jul 31, 2006.

1. powerdog

powerdog Private E-2

If I want to wipe my HD and install a clean copy of XP, can I use the upgrade version? I don't have any install or restore disks...computer didn't come with them.

2. powerdog

powerdog Private E-2

I just found out that I can also buy a System Restore DVD from the computer mfr for only $18. Would that be good enough? I don't really need a new version, just a new copy of the system.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Yes ....and they should have supplied it at time of purchase.:)

4. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

As TimW stated you should have recieved one with your computer purchase however some vendors are requiring you pay for the OS backup disc like Dell, they charged me $20 for a DVD backup of XP Media Center after I paid them right at $2000 for the system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds