Do not install MSN Messenger 7 beta!

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Oct 7, 2004.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Do not install MSN Messenger 7 beta!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This most probably will not apply to any member here but if anybody should have downloaded the above then please See this news article
    Microsoft concerned new 'wink' feature may open system up to attacks

Microsoft has suspended the beta testing of the next version of its MSN Messenger client because of a potential security problem, a company spokeswoman said Wednesday.

Testers discovered a potential security issue in the early version of MSN Messenger 7 shortly after Microsoft made the instant messaging client available to a select group of testers over the weekend, according to postings on MSN Messenger enthusiast Web site Mess.be.
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/10/06/HNmsnbeta_1.html

2. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

i can already send sound emotions all you gotta do is install the add-on for msn called msg plus! you can find this at http://www.msgplus.net it's a great add-on by the way it has alot of features and if any of you download it or already use it i wouldn't mind figuring out the POP# E-MAIL. Which allows you to put other email acount int your messenger so it notifies you when you get an email there as well as the hotmail inbox so if any of you could help me with that it would be greatly apreciated thanks for you time all and have a good day! :)

Hu Ha!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds