Do you use a grounding strap?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viper_boy403, Aug 22, 2006.

?

Do you use a grounding strap when you work on your computer?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2006.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

Just wondering if you guys use a grounding strap when you work on your computers? I dont, probably should but whatever...lol

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nope generally earth myself by touching the metal part of case.

3. INeedAGig1210

INeedAGig1210 Private E-2

Nope, my computer is in a tiled room, and I just touch the metal chassis of the case before hand.

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Never used one myself, just touch case metal before doing anything, i also believe in holding off/on switch down after unplugging power supply. ed

5. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

I always plug my PSU into the power socket(making sure the switch is OFF) to give it an earth and always touch a non-painted metal surface on my case before touching components........i used to use a static strap but could not take the ribbing i got from my brother...hehe

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I shuffle my feet on the carpet then zap the wife ....seems to work! (But also do as the others mentioned, sigh.):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

No need for a leash!

I do same as others posted, well no foot shuffle but maybe I'll try that too:)

8. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

Metal case and Bounce dryer sheets are my method/tool of choice.

Wipe my hands with them and the guts of the beast to get rid of dust gorillas and charges, while holding the case. I don't clean the inside of my machine as often as I should, probably why my fans are noisy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds