Document excel/word's font become strange

Discussion in 'Software' started by knock22, Oct 17, 2006.

1. knock22

knock22 Private E-2

Hi all...
    I have a problem here.. All my dac / excel data are ruin. The doc font become 'alien' font (image attached).
    I dont know what is causing this but i hope someone know/can 'cure' my problem.
    I need those files back, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advanced

Attached Files:

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

You may need to re-install the font that you usually use.

see here for details on how to do this plus a bit more info.

3. knock22

knock22 Private E-2

Just re-installed. Nothing changed, still the same...
    Is there another way to 'cure' my problem ?

Thx a lot anyway...

Thx

4. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

This may help...

To display only TrueType fonts
    1. Open fonts in Control Panel.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the TrueType Fonts tab.
    3. Select the Show only TrueType fonts in the programs on my computer check box.
    [​IMG] Notes
    • To open Fonts, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Fonts.
    • With TrueType fonts, the printed output is identical to what appears on the screen. Another advantage of TrueType fonts is that the characters can be scaled to any size.

5. knock22

knock22 Private E-2

Thanks for your reply... but i'm sorry it still didnt work...

6. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well I see from your screenshot that you have Arial font selcted. Now as far as I can tell all the characters that appear are from the Arial font. I take you have tried changing the font just in case.

Also have you tried a repair install of your Office Applications?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds