Does anybody know of a good alternative for windows seven chdsk?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kimgi34, Apr 17, 2012.

1. kimgi34

kimgi34 Private E-2

Im looking for a software alternative for windows chdsk i do
    computer Repair and im allways needing to run chdsk on clients hdd's so i use sata
    to usb cables and plugged them to my computer
    but the problem tha i have with runing chdsk is that it uses all of my
    memory and it brings my computer to a crawll .And i can't have tha i need
    my computer .

And thats why im looking for an alternative for windows seven chdsk

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Does anybody know of a good alternative for windows seven chdsk? kimgi34 <<

A while back someone here at the MajorGeeks forum (I believe it was forum member DavidGP) recommended Active@ Hard Disk Monitor as an alternative to the standard Windows CHKDSK

Active@ Hard Disk Monitor Site URL: http://www.ntfs.com/disk-monitor.htm (Note: If you are using Vista or Windows 7, you'll need to run the Active@ Hard Disk Monitor program as an 'administrator')

Side Note: Also check out the article at the following link - Chkdsk Alternatives: 5 Free Tools to Check Hard Disk for Errors (via technize.net)

Good Luck! -- COMP​

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds