Does Anyone Know Best Way To Root A Nook Tablet?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by outdoorgal, Feb 15, 2017.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

For Nook Tablet, 8GB, Model BNTV250A Version 1.4.3

I tried this way, below, but was not able to get the the "box" on my screen (as in video). Here is the video I followed, and what all happened:

Here are the two error messages I get after last step and reboot:

1. Nook encountered a problem that requires a system restart (I click "ok")
    2. Then after I click "ok" I get this message:
    Your Nook could not restart. Please Try again later. Or contact Customer Support.

The only part of the video I've found that I did on my own is that he doesn't tell you to plug the power cord into an outlet but it seems logical. Unless for some weird reason I'm supposed to plug it back into the usb on my laptop.

Any help very, much appreciated, denise

2. outdoorgal

Update: I got it, just following the video. Had to go through the steps twice before it worked right. If anyone needs help, I "might" be able to give some tips on this. I am so glad I can have all my apps I love, especially overdrive, on my larger Nook Tablet as I really don't like the Fire Tablet 7" much. It will be an extra I use, or loan friends that come over etc.

3. outdoorgal

Update: I did follow the video, but found out it was wrong so please don't follow it. I did find the "right" way to do it now with all the latest updates in "rooting" a Nook Tablet. Here's the link should anyone want to try this as well:

I don't know that everyone will agree on this route, but I am going to try this way as the other I was having a lot of issues with;) Denise

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2692403

If someone here knows a better way, I'm all ears;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds