Does this mother board look like it will fit into this case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shane Thrice, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Shane Thrice

Shane Thrice Private First Class

if you look at the usb slots and the Rear I/O connectors they are lower than the top of the mother board.and if you look at the case, the Rear I/O connectors are supposed to be at the top. now i would like to get an experts eye on this but does it look like the extra space above the connectors marked in red will have the room to fit into the case.

2. Shane Thrice

im stupid i forgot to add the photos:p and here they are. . ..

Attached Files:

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Should fit just fine. If you post the model number of the mobo and the type of case we can tell you for sure. But it looks like a standard case/mobo.

4. Shane Thrice

the case is a NZXT Tempest ATX Mid-Tower Case - Clear Sides, Front USB, eSATA Ports
    and the modo is a Intel DP45SG Motherboard RAM Bundle - OCZ Extreme PC10600 2GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB), Intel P45, Socket 775, ATX Motherboard
    i got a yes and no answer

5. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

The case is ATX. The motherboard is ATX. Therefore the motherboard will fit in the case.

Computer components are all standard sizes and as long as you match up the correct sizing (ATX, mATX, BTX etc) letters and have no extra sizing letters in the name the components will all fit together. This also applies to other system components.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds