does weather effect dialup speed?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, Nov 28, 2006.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

these past few weeks its been getting colder and it seems my dialup has slowed down too i was getting speeds of 34kb's but not all my speeds are 16.8kb's or 21kb's. is it just because its getting cold again or should i just go ahead and talk with the phone compeny again?:eek:

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Sounds more like a POTS issue. If you are coming off of a Remote Terminal, that can affect your speed. Now the good thing would be, it may be that you can check to see if DSL is available in your area if that is the case.

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

POTS??? cant get dsl live about 10miles out of town in the middle of farm land i think the cloests switch box is like 2miles

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

5. N5638J

N5638J Guest

hmmm very weird lol now its back up to 32kb's - 36kb's maybe the phone com was just having some problems and they got it fixed?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds