Does ZoneAlarm Free update?

Discussion in 'Software' started by gaia2, Feb 28, 2006.

1. gaia2

gaia2 Private E-2

Does anyone know how often ZoneAlarm Free updates?
    As long as I had the trial version, there were regular updates, but since the trial has ended, it keeps telling me it's up-to-date every time I click "check for updates". Since it's being going on for several weeks, I wonder if I should do something else.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

what trial period? did you try the ZoneAlarm Pro trial? because my ZA updates automatically.

3. gaia2

gaia2 Private E-2

Thank you so much for the very quick response!
    I didn't realise there were different versions. All I remember is that I had the choice to download "free" or "? trial". The product info now says I have version 6.1.737.000.

4. gaia2

gaia2 Private E-2

I just checked further. It had to be the pro trial version I had downloaded since it now suggests that I buy it since the trial period has ended... ;)

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!

I use the free Zone Alarm Firewall program as well, and have the same version number as you do. I find that updates do not happen very often.

I'm gonna take a guess, and say that my Zone Alarm only updates about every 2-3 months. (If it seems to be a long time between automatic updates, I go into Zone Alarm and manually press the update button just in case, to double check, lol.)

Mine has been good at updating itself, so, maybe no worries for you, updates just don't seem to be too frequent. Hope this helps!
    ;)

6. gaia2

gaia2 Private E-2

Hello,
    Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. :)
    Basic firewalls probably do not need as much updating as antivirus do. AVG free has often new updates more than once a day, so I guess I got spoiled. ;)

7. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I own the Zone Alarm security suite and I get updates about once every two weeks, at least from what I have noticed. Using it along with Spybot, AdAware, and Spyware Blaster I never have any problems.

8. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

gaia2, if you have the Pro version and you haven't paid for a licence, then it won't update after the trial period runs out.

Either buy it, or download the free version.

We have it HERE.

9. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If memory serves, it will notify you of updates, download the whole program again and update it. Not the most user friendly, but the price is right.

10. You know i have Zone Alarm free and it hasnt updated for a while i have noticed too. Unless maybe it is doing it automatically and i do not notice because only once has it come up with a prompt that updates are availible when i click the update button.
    -the new tech guy

11. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm Pro are hardly ever updated, about 2-3 times per year roughly.

And as MA stated, you would have to download the entire program again to update it, which is annoying and one of my long standing criticisms.

Even the paid Pro version can't be updated via the program itself.

Only ZoneAlarm Security Suite updates regularly (almost daily) via the program, as it has a Spyware and AntiVirus engine.

12. Oh ok thanks.
    -the new tech guy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds