Domain Name Mismatch?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dyamond, Oct 9, 2007.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I think this is were it belongs... but I could be wrongLOL

I was logging on to my verizon account to check my billing when I was presented with the following message (posted below). I hit cancel about 6-7 times and it loaded the page anyway but the page looked skewed so I just x'd out of the window.

What does the message mean? Is there something wrong with the site? I've never gotten that message when I went on there before.

If it matters any my blah@verizon .net email is linked with my blah@yahoo .com email and I usually come in to verizon's site from yahoo.

Attached Files:

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

3. dyamond

Yea I am. Thanks for the links :) Its nice to know that I can disable it but is it safe to do so? I mean I've used FF to access that site before and didnt get that warning. I just dont want to ignore something that could be important.

4. bjgarrick

Double check the site and make sure it's exactly what it should be.

What is the site, I'll see if I get it to be sure it's not the site having some issues with certificates?

5. dyamond

6. bjgarrick

I didn't get it on mine, I would try running CCleaner or ATF-Cleaner then try again.

7. dyamond

Ok, thanks alot bj.. will try :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds