Dos driver for cdrw drive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by LittleBill, Nov 13, 2004.

1. LittleBill

LittleBill Private E-2

Computer info: Gateway 2000 P5-166, Pentium II 400 mhz, 192 MB RAM, 2.1 gig HD, Windows 95 OSR2

I just bought a Khypermedia 52x24x52 cdrw drive. It isn't recognized by the BIOS or Windows. Apparently I need a dos driver for it, but when I went to the Khypermedia website the link for the driver actually takes you to a page with firmware. I called the company and got a recording and their mailbox was full. I can't find a driver anywhere on the internet either that's specifically for this drive. Does anyone know where else I can get the dos driver or whatever I need for this thing? Or do I possibly need to update the BIOS or something? I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Bill

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

wooooooooo cd rw drive in 95 that might be tough, especially with a P II!!!
    you could try www.driverguide.com and see if there's one there (you have to sign up but its free)
    CD rw drives were originally designed for 98 and then have been made to work for most platforms so i'm told, not sure if this is definitely true but word of mouth...
    i'm sure its possible with a bios update and then checking driverguide.com, but good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds