Dowload Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pentire, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Pentire

Pentire Private E-2

Suddenly I am unable to download anything from the net. I am afraid I may have uninstalled something in error. Can anyone tell me where to find the download facility? Windows or Internet Explorer? Can I remedy the problem without a new install? Help would be much appreciated. (XP Home)

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hi pentire, what exactly do you mean you are "unable to download anyhting from the net"?

Do you mean you cant get any page to load or just that when you click a download link it does not work?

Also what OS are you using?

3. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day Pentire

go into control panel then into internet options select the security tab.click on the internet icon then the custom level,scroll down and make sure that file download is set to enable click ok and close all boxes.

4. Pentire

Pentire Private E-2

I mean that when I click on a download button on a website I get a little square error message that says "function not found". "Function" may be another word that means the same).

I am using Windows XP Home.

Thanks for your interest.

5. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hey pentire, did 'downunders post solve your issue? :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds