downgrade from vista to XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by cskingapp, Dec 12, 2009.

1. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

Hi

I am having trouble with this, when i insert the disk it says XP cannot install as vista is newer then XP..

I then tried to boot up the cd at start up but this also was unsuccessful..

I dont know what is wrong and how I can do this...

Do I need to change motherboard drivers to make sure its compatible with XP?? :confused

Thanks

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

You need to change the boot order to boot from CD drive first.

Press F2 or DEL as you are booting up and you should see options for doing so.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT< COME BACK AND ASK!

3. ~Q~

@Digital.

I think he has an XP disc but was trying to install it from within Vista, and i don't think Vista likes that :)

4. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

I did actually try and do this but it did not like it.... It went into a blue screen saying error...

What do you think I should do? How do I get clean install??

~Q~ you are right, I have a full XP disc and I cannot upgrade from within VISTA or even F2 bootup from disc drive...

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Reformat, then reinstall. :)

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

How much you wanna wager that blue screen error is because XP does not contain the SATA controller drivers?

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Oh, that reminds me! You said the bluescreen says "error". What error? They give details.... post those details here.

8. ~Q~

When did it bluescreen? (how far into the process did you get?)

9. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

thanks,

So when I boot from CD when the computer starts up it says in a blue screen "Setup is loading files"

then it shows what its doing like "setup is loading files (windows setup)" then "setup is loading files (INTEL IDE BUS DRIVER)" then "setup is loading files (VOLUME manager)" ect ect...

It goes through for several mins doing this but then it says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your comp.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow 3 steps:

check for viruses on your comp. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK / F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information

***STOP: 0X0000007B.....

my laptop is HP550

Thanks guys

10. ~Q~

Is the set-up disc definitely good?

11. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

12. ~Q~

13. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

thanks Q i found the driver I think its

Intel Matrix Storage Manager

I will try and use Nlite with it

14. ~Q~

Using nLite is really straightforward, but just ask for help if you need it.

It's time for me to hit the sack, so i'll see ya tomorow.

Q

15. CDI

CDI Private E-2

Before you go to too much trouble with the downgrade if your XP disc has been used on a different computer then I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use it again. I went through the same thing, formatted my disc and started to install XP but the message came up that I was only licenced to use XP on one computer and I would have to buy another licence if I wanted to use it on a different computer, which this one was.

16. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

17. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

Sorry i forgot to mention it is a total clean new copy of XP

18. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

I have tried integrating Intel Matrix Storage Manager with XP using nLite but still no luck.... same problem..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

19. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

Also what might help my HP550 computer has under device manager:

Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
    Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

20. cskingapp

cskingapp Private E-2

Just to help other people having similar problems you just have to disable native SATA mode in the BIOS and it should work fine...

Thanks everyone

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds