Downgrade Vista to XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by lapanm07, Mar 8, 2011.

1. lapanm07

lapanm07 Private E-2

motherboard mcp61pm-hm
    pc gc673aa-aba

I cannot find the info anywhere and XP is the only operating system I have on disk. My hard drive went and I cannot reinstall Vista. I do not want to have to purchase Vista when it was previously on my computer. I could not back up the info... its a long story.

2. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Private E-2

What do you mean when you say your harddrive went? Did it die on you?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is this a HP M8100N Desktop PC by any chance as your codes above do link to that model and I would like to be sure before we supply driver options.

Problems that you may encounter in a downgrade are getting the SATA drivers to recognise the full HDD as the standard one in that PC is 500GB (iirc) and then not all drivers for XP work on all models, as the hardware in that PC was designed for Vista and above, but we can try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds