download files disappear

Discussion in 'Software' started by kamirynowski, May 6, 2008.

1. kamirynowski

kamirynowski Private E-2

i am running vista. when ever i donwload files i get all the usual messages and then the file disappears. i have tried running instead of downloading and nothing happens. PLEASE HELP!

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

If you can remember the name of a file that you have downloaded, do a Search for it. When you find it, you will be able to see where the file /files are downloaded to and maybe alter the target to a created Folder like C:\Downloads (for example), or something similar. That depends on the defaults on the program you are using to download files, of course. Bazza

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

How are you downloading? Thru IE, Firefox, or Opera or are you using a downloading program? It might pay to change the download location to your desktop so you cn see the file that was downloaded.

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

If you are using Internet Explorer, it will usually download to a default folder called Downloads in you user folder (the one with your account name).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds