Download Manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by Captain Jazz, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Captain Jazz

Captain Jazz Private E-2

I need a good download manager (preferably free but I'll buy if worth it). I unfortunately have to use HughesNet which limits me to 450MB of data per day. However they don't limit usage from 11pm-4am. Problem is I'm at work in those hours and I have files to download that are up to 4GB. Is there a good download manager that will allow me to set a time for multiple downloads and have them start automatically in that 11-4 window?

And sorry if this a repeat thread but the others I found were a couple of years old so I thought there might be something new out there. Thanks!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You may want to check the Internet Tools section of the download pages. This will probably have a few tools that may or may not meet your requirements.

I've used Free Download Manager in the past and liked it, but it has been so long that I can't recall if it has the scheduling capabilities that you require. (Although, with the proper research of the command-line interface, you may be able to get it to work with Windows inbuilt scheduler)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds