download office professional plus 2007

Discussion in 'Software' started by SherryLynn, Dec 13, 2008.

1. SherryLynn

SherryLynn Private E-2

Hi All, I have purchased a license to download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. I am "stuck" after it unzipped.. The eOpen office is closed until Monday. I did not purchase the media kit because I, as computer illiterate as I am, thought it would be quicker to download from eOpen. But, not that I am "stuck" the eOpen office is closed. I had to replace my dead laptop with a new one and did not get software on it because I purchased this license. I am with a non profit org and I use the laptop at home for work. Are there instructions anywhere that can tell me what to do once it unzipped the files?

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are you stuck at the using the license part of installing the office 2007 part. What type of files do you have after unzipping?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

After you have unzipped this package look in the main unzipped folder for Setup.exe and that is the one you double click to install Office, at some point in the install you will be asked for your licence key so have that handy.

4. Sysbase

Sysbase Private E-2

Look for the install or config file or some type of .exe file that should guide you in the right direction. [​IMG]

5. SherryLynn

SherryLynn Private E-2

It did not tell me what kind of files. a window popped up on top of the WinZip SElf-Extractor-SW_CD_Office_Professional_Plus_2007 and the file name keeps going..., saying it successfully extracted 240 files. One file with this name is under C:Documents and SEttings/ then it lists my name/ My Documents. When I try to open that file it sends me back to the WinZip Self Extractor Dialogue box

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

When you click the download to unzip it does the window mention where these 240 files are unzipping too?

Which Windows version are you using?

Majority of the time the unzipped files are in the same root folder you downloaded the main Zip file too, so check for new folders and also do a search using the Windows search function for either newley created files in past week or days, 240 files will have to be somewhere. I dont use eOpen as I have MSDN account and Office files are in ISO format from their, kinda one of those times I wish I could zip over to your location and see whats happening in person.

One file to seaarch for is ProPlus as finding this Office CAB file may allow you to find the location of the unzipped files, then in the main folder look for Setup.exe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds