Downloaded music question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tater, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Tater

Tater Tot

I downloaded 5 songs from MSN music and they are .wma files. Well, I had an issue with a game (Everquest 2) and ended up reloading a backup of almost all files that I made from Windows backup program and all seemed well after that. Well the backup file was too big to even let me defrag the spare 30g drive I use for backups so I deleted the backup and re-did it with only the important stuff. All has been fine for a couple days but I went to play a song and now it says "restore the licence from a previous backup and try again" when I try to play it with wmp or winamp. The backup has been deleted as I didnt see this coming. Any ideas before I have to try to deal with MSN who's support sucks?
    Thanks

2. porkman385

porkman385 Private E-2

convert them to different media types

3. Tater

Tater Tot

What's a good program to convert those? Won't there still be a licence issue?

4. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

more than likely you won't be able to convert the file(s), because they are protected content. i'd nose around the msn site (where you got your d/l's from), and read their help section. i know on music match i can just copy the files and move them to another computer (as long as i haven't gone over my quota, which i think is 5 computers?), then it'll just aske me to log into that computer to play the music. on music now, i have to d/l the music (again), to the other computer that i want to play it on. anyway, g/l - sos

5. porkman385

porkman385 Private E-2

One word: Limewire

6. todd333

todd333 Private E-2

I know Nero Burning Rom converts wma to mp3 or wav
    you should try limewire, for mp3's or wav's

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  7. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks Sosaman, I did a live chat thing with msn and you were right and they fixed it. Also, thanks Pork and Todd, I'll try one of those.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds