downloading multiple songs at a time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr 604753, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Mr 604753

Mr 604753 Private E-2

will downloading say 10 songs at a time vs 1 decrease the quality?
    Some songs ive downloaded in bunches seem to crap out, or only download a certain amount sometimes vs wheni do just one.
    my computer is new by the way, pretty fast.
    thanks in advance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

1st part of your question, NO the sound quality won't be any different as download speeds dont affect quality.

2nd, your computer maybe fast and new but downloading multiple files can at times not be the best option depending on how quick your interent service is, as all you need is to loose connection to a server on 1 download to stop it from downloading that file or others.

Which legal music download service are you using and do they have a download manager built in as this will allow you to resume any broken/stoped downloads?

3. Mr 604753

Mr 604753 Private E-2

i was using a site for anime soundtracks etc...and ive used limewire before.
    limewire allows you to do what you said, manage downloads

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

I download multiple songs and the song quality is excellent, however since you use a p2p program, from whoever you download the song the sound quality might differ.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds