Downloads stopping in the middle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nyy, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyy

nyy Private E-2

Whenever i try to dl a large file, it will work for maybe 20 minutes, and then it will just stop without resuming. I run a wireless network with a Linksys G router and a linksys b card. please help if you can because this is very frustrating :confused:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

do you use any download managers eg. Leechget

if its a large file of which I'm actually downloading a 500+mb demo of Battlefield 2 at present, just incase I loose connection to server etc I always use a DL manager so its alot easier to resume as downloading through IE you have no option to resume, other than to start the DL again.

many more free options for Download Managers here http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads13.html

3. nyy

nyy Private E-2

yeah im trying to dl the bf2 demo
    and it gets cut off with or without truedownloader

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well with every bugger under the sun wanting this demo all he servers offering downloads are loaded to max, I'm getting the same some cutoffs and sloooooow speeds ( at one point thought I was back on DUN )

getting mine of gamershell @ 29kbp/s have 53% of it and another 3+hrs DLing left,

5. nyy

nyy Private E-2

im getting ~61kbps at ampeddx, but you have to sign up to use it (but its free and has tons of great stuff)

but this isnt the first time im getting cut off on large dl's
    this has happened countless times before

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds