DPC latency issue (crackling audio) dxgkrnl.sys

Discussion in 'Software' started by lasty03, Feb 8, 2014.

1. lasty03

lasty03 Private E-2

My computer has had constant crackling audio for sometime now and ive just dealt with it until. The other day it just randomly stopped and it was clear. I noticed my computer started running smoother and games were working better (higher fps and less rubberbanding). I didnt want to shut my computer down for fear it would be back after wards but i forgot and did anyway and now the crackling sound is back. So i started to research and found the DPC latency checker. I ran it and my computer is running in the red. I then dl'd and ran latencymon and i see that dxgkrnl.sys is the highest for total execution and ISR count. How exactly do i go about fixing the issue from here?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

DirectX involvement means it could be mouse, sound, graphics involvement, check you're not using effects for sounds, check all connections inside the PC are good (carefully), update the drivers for the above.

Make notes on exactly when it happens, there will be clues there.

3. lasty03

lasty03 Private E-2

all my drivers are up to date and all connections seem fine. The crackling has been there for about 2 months and suddenly stopped without me doing anything for 2 days until i accidently shut down now its back since turning on comp again. The only thing that was out of the norm was i noticed the day my audio was fine when i checked processes in task manager the was a .dll running which normally i never have any running and now its not there.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

A .dll was showing in Task Manager?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds