Dr. Watson Error of Evil!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chunky_Monkey, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Chunky_Monkey

Chunky_Monkey Private E-2

Main problem is that when trying to access a folder it will freeze up. Eventually an error pop up will occur stating that Dr. Watson Debugger has errored and blah blah blah. Click exit but it still stays frozen. I will go into task manager and sometimes multiple instances of it will be running. If i shut all of them down then explorer.exe restarts itself and the folder I was trying to access of course shuts itself down. I tried searching for an answer online, but so far no one has had the same problem as I've had....or they have and I just didn't find it. Haha. My specs are

Win XP SP2
    amd 2700+
    1gb ddr pc3200 ram
    2x 200 GB HDD
    80 GB HDD
    gigabyte mobo
    geforce 5700 ultra

any other info needed just ask. Appreciate the help

2. Chunky_Monkey

cmon guys...any help what so ever? Please?!?!?!

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Does Dr Watson list the error?

Start, run and type in drwtsn32 then look under application errors.

If not, try Event Viewer. Start, run and type in eventvwr then click OK, and search for the relevant error details.

4. Chunky_Monkey

these are the errors stated by dr. watson

Application exception occurred:
    App: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (pid=1936)
    When: 10/23/2005 @ 14:37:30.828
    Exception number: 80000007

Application exception occurred:
    App: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\chyortsimatro\counter-strike source\hl2.exe (pid=3852)
    When: 10/19/2005 @ 18:11:59.796
    Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

5. Insomniac

These things are very hard to diagnose over the internet.

Does Event Viewer give any more clues?

Do you have any errors in Device Manager?

Are you using the latest video card drivers?

Every time you get this error, is it always the same two applications you posted?

6. Marecs

Marecs Private E-2

I had the same problem but I don't remember which ended it:

I deactivated it so it won't start when windows starts.

---OR---

I deleted it.

I think it was the latter one, but try find it first from the msconfig. If you can't, delete it. I did. And i'm still ok.... Just few red horizontal lines on my screen! (A JOKE DON'T PANIC :)

7. Chunky_Monkey

how can I delete it? I go into folder its at and when I delete it...the program returns! Does anyone know of a way to delete it or at least disable it all together?

8. scouse

scouse Corporal

9. Insomniac

I think he's talking about stopping Dr Watson, for which there are scripts and Registry hacks available.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds