Dr Watson removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by DONJASJIT, Jul 23, 2006.

1. DONJASJIT

DONJASJIT Private E-2

Hi friends,

I want to ask you whether it is safe to remove the the Dr Watson .txt file which is located in the application folder of My Documents. The problem is that this particular .txt file is occupying a whooping 4.5 GB and I don't have that much hard disk space to spare.

2. Allochthonous

Allochthonous Corporal

What the heck? How can a txt file be 4.5 gb?? Thats a lot of text!

PK

3. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

I wouldn't try it, Because it's a part of windows that's suppost to keep your computer running right.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

I personally don't see why not, about deleting this file. Since it is under your "My Documents" folder.

What OS is this? 98, me, 2k, xp (home/pro), etc...?

When did you first notice this error?

5. Allochthonous

Allochthonous Corporal

Is that a log file created by Dr Watson (error handling program built into Windows) maybe? Why is it so large is the question. Perhaps go to Microsoft.com and search for the filename.

PK

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Not sure about the file size, but deleting it should be no problem. I can assume, that it appends the errors within one file. Instead of making hundreds of smaller files.

7. Allochthonous

Allochthonous Corporal

Perhaps, but still, thats a LOT of text!

PK

8. DONJASJIT

DONJASJIT Private E-2

Hi,
    Thanks for taking interest in my problem. The location of the file is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson" and the file name is drwtsn32. It is a text document.

Advise me please.

9. Team_RamRod

Team_RamRod Private E-2

32 is usually associated with the operating system and those parts are the things that the os needs to keep working.

If im wrong someone correct me.

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds