Dr Web Cureit does not perform complete scan

Discussion in 'Software' started by c_mella, Nov 24, 2009.

1. c_mella

c_mella Private E-2

Dr web cureit finishes its complete scan after scanning about 4000 files. Is this a problem with Dr web cureit? Even in custom scan where all the drives are selected it ends the scan after 9000 files.

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello c_mella:wave I am not familiar with it, is that what you are using for antivirus? What is your OS (XP? Vista?) and how long have you had
    ??

I would like to know what antivirus you are using? Interesting.

3. c_mella

c_mella Private E-2

Hi. I use Dr Web Cureit as an antivirus scanner once a month. I use McAfee Internet security 2009 along with threatfire for protection. Windows XP SP3

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello, Doesn't McAfee perform a full scan? it would seem to me, that they might have a conflict with each other. If you have been using them for a while, and that has been what it normally does, then it may be that it is doing what it is supposed to do.. OR, if you are just now starting to use it, maybe just a matter of tweeking.. Or, that is all it is designed to do...Where do you get the Dr Web Cureit anyway, from the web, or do you have it installed on your computer?

And the threatfire? Another newbie to me...

I also have XP SP3, but you must be on a hi-speed connection? My dial-up connection wouldn't handle all that I don't think:-o

PS: If you use the online version, have you checked with them for what it (Dr Web Cureit ) is scanning?

5. c_mella

c_mella Private E-2

Yes. McAfee does a full scan. But I use Dr Web cureit regularly once a month. It is an .exe download and runs scan when you double click the exe. No need to install it.

http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/?lng=en

I don't see anyway that McAfee and Dr Web can conflict because Dr Web does not need an install.

Threatfire is a behavioral virus and antispyware protection that is supposed to run along with the Antivirus. It is developed by PC tools. According to their website it significantly increases protection in conjunction with McAfee.

http://www.threatfire.com/

I use a 256 Kbps connection.

I never had problem with Dr Web Cureit. This is the first time I faced this problem.

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Well, what are the "normal" file #'s it scans.?

You may have to go to their website, and click help, and see if maybe they have had some sort of a problem. May just be something simple, but I am not familiar with that one. I do think you should to contact them on this, as they would know the software much better than we do here. ;)

Altho, there may be someone else along that has more knowledge about this, and they might have a better suggestion for you. In the meantime, I would go to their website, and see what is in the FAQ's.. Like I said, may just be something simple ;)

7. c_mella

c_mella Private E-2

Dr Web Forums were not of much help. So dumped it. Will stick to SuperAntispyware

8. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Sounds like a plan. I am still trying to find someone who is more knowledgle in this, but haven't yet.. Do what you feel is right, tho..

c_mella, You may have a corrupted dl. * Do you scan every week --- download the appl AGAIN --- for it to have the latest defintions?..... Because its database gets updated several times PER DAY... and that appl does NOT have an Update Fuction built in.

Might be worth a check

MUST ---- get a fresh download periodically!
    I would get a fresh dl with the latest definitions -- if it has been more than TWO DAYS.. since I last scanned with it.

OK, try this, and see if it helps: http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/updating/;)

Your current might be relying on its older definitions database, as some will not be updated with old dlls.... Maybe a fresh reinstall will help.;)

c_mella, are you still with me here?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds