Dragon dictation xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by monsta, Sep 23, 2012.

1. monsta

monsta Private E-2

Could anyone advise me on easy to use dictation software I can use to save as a word doc (I talk into the machine - it saves as text).

I have heard mixed reports on Dragon Speaking Natrually - a link to a free trial would be cool or any other help/suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

None of them are perfect because they have to be "taught". Dragon Naturally Speaking is the best known and been around the longest.

3. monsta

monsta Private E-2

Thanks - I have scowered the net - only to discover that version 12 of naturally speaking has just been released by Nuance who has taken the company over.

There appears to be NO free trials available - not even of old versions (not even on thier own site) - I have never used this , or any other software like it and dont want to invest until IO know its for me - any furher help would be great. cheers

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Might be worth experimenting first with XP's built-in system

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306537

I used to use a speech recognition system way back in Win 98 days, can't recollect the name now, but after a few hours of 'training' during which it gets used to your voice and manner of speaking it was remarkably accurate - perfectly usable for long dictation sessions.

5. monsta

monsta Private E-2

I looked at that first, 3 hours going round in circles- nothing on that link is installed, none of the listed items are available on my machine - its just a jungle of non existant waffle. Thanks anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds