Dragon's Lair PC game install problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dazzler69, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Dazzler69

Dazzler69 Private E-2

I loaded the game on my dx4200 gateway with wins xp pro and when I try to start the game it crashes. It starts with menu box but when I hit play the game with the cd in drive everything disappears.

Any ideas?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which version of Dragons Lair do you have?

What Windows Service Pack is your XP at?

Are all your drivers especially the graphics one and DirectX upto date?

as this game IIRC is old then some versions of this game may not work right and may in XP need to be run in compatability mode, right click its shortcut and choose Properties > Compatability tab and set it for Windows 95/98

What company has released this as there are a few that did, as their support may have a partch for the game.

3. Dazzler69

Dazzler69 Private E-2

Ubi soft, Dragonstone software, game says xp is ok, but it is good for win 98 also. On my next install I will have to try that. Thanks so far.

4. Dazzler69

Dazzler69 Private E-2

Actually I am not sure about direct x. I clean installed the computer so I will check that one out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds