Dreamweaver: Help required please!

Discussion in 'Software' started by NWWDesigns, Jul 9, 2004.

1. NWWDesigns

NWWDesigns Private E-2

Hello!

I'm using a floating frame to create a photo gallery. Can anyone take a look at this page www.wayneguitars.com/gallerytest.htm and give me some insight on how I can get the bigger version of the thumbnails you see on the left to open in the apropriate space in the right side of the table?

Thank you!

-Chad

2. micr0dv8

micr0dv8 Private First Class

You could do a mouseover and just set the main frame as the target for the file to display. What version of Dreamweaver are you using? in 2004 you can do a shift f3 and bring up the behaviors window. Then select the plus sign icon to add things like sounds, popups,image swaps, etc... I think there are a few things you can do...

3. NWWDesigns

NWWDesigns Private E-2

Thank you. I'm using MX, version 6.

How do you go about setting the main frame as the target?

I've been using DW for about 3 years now and just starting to get into this...can you believe that?

Thanks!

-Chad

4. micr0dv8

micr0dv8 Private First Class

I am not familiar with that version but I think it will still work. You should have the main file as index.html but you can name each frame as well. For example you could have one frame as menu.html and the other as main.html. Just click on the picture and select link. The source should be the full size file that you wish to view and the target should be the name of the frame which you have created such as Main.html.

You could also go to behaviors and select "Open browser window" once you select it you will be promted for the Url to display and the size of the window etc. The URL would be the location of the full size pic you want to display... So you could keep the main window and just use popup windows to display your pics at the full size. Then they would have to click the close button to get rid of the pic...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds