drive firmware

Discussion in 'Software' started by wmarkj, Jul 18, 2006.

1. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

I was told to ensure I have the most update firmware for my dvd drive. How does one go about doing this?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

First thing is to check the OEM site for the computer if the drive was installed in said machine, the manufacturer site of the DVD drive. The drive's firmware should never have to be updated. Question is, who told you to update the firmware on the drive anyways?

3. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

CRC errors and bad reads happen with poor media, or a bad drive, and nothing more.

5. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

Gotcha. Question for you. If I am able to rock and roll on all DVD's Except the ones that are copies I previously made, is this a good sign that my drive is a-ok, and that it is the media?

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

It should be. If it is media, then you just had some bad media.

7. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

8. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

9. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

As a side, so you know, that is good advice. The reason being that the latest firmware can help with compatibility problems and even upgrade speed, two pretty good reasons!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds