Drive not Accessible / The Parameters are incorrect

Discussion in 'Software' started by dippedinsauce, Jul 3, 2009.

1. dippedinsauce

dippedinsauce Private E-2

i have a western digital 500GB harddrive that i use in an antec external enclosure and just recently it wouldnt load, so i unistalled the drivers and had it reinstall

that made it so i now see the drive its drive G: but when i used ptdd partition table doctor (i thought the partition table was off) it says its drive F:/ and when i double click the G: in my Computer its gives the G:/ is inaccessible The parameters are incorrect error (it also doesnt show the size to the right of that drive)

i dont know what i should do, any suggestions?

oh and i posted this under software because i have no clue what this would fall under a hardware or software problem

2. dippedinsauce

also the label is storage but on my computer it just says local drive

3. dippedinsauce

just tried another computer....does the same thing :( this hdd was my life line i also have nothing to back it up onto

any help would be greatly greatly appreciate

4. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

what filesystem is it, also have you used it on other computers?

I don't know if I got this wrong or not, but I've read that some filesystems don't play nice on different OS's.

Also, are there any unusual noises on it?

Third, I've heard this had some luck, so can't hurt to try it.

5. dippedinsauce

NTFS and no ive kept it on 1 computer practically this whole times and if i did use it on another computer it was the same OS

6. dippedinsauce

when i do dskchk on it, it freezes at 0 percent on verifying file data

and now im trying the program hdd regenerator ill let you know how it goes

7. dippedinsauce

ok i had 2 bad secotrs, hdd regenerator fixed them and it read the drive right away afterwards

for anyone who cant use chdsk on their hard drive id reccommend this program

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds